Friday, November 15, 2013

Dry Run Festivus

I really like Thanksgiving food.  I think it might be because it's one of the few times in the year where, as a culture, we really eat with the season and celebrate the harvest.   Since my mom has the monopoly on cooking during actual Thanksgiving day, our nuclear family has started a mini-tradition we call pre-giving where we cook the same recipes.

On the menu was: 
  • 14 lb. Apricot glazed turkey
  • Duck fat potatoes
  • Shallot and onion gravy
  • Ginger and garlic cranberry sauce
  • Italian sausage, leek, apple, cellery cranberry stuffing
  • Salad
We invited friends (who brought yummy stuffed cupcakes) to share in the fun.  We ate them too fast to take a picture. :-/

One of my favorite things about this menu is that I got to use parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme ... all from the garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment