Sunday, November 10, 2013

Garden Update - November 10, 2013

Here are some picks from the backyard.  I'm being lazy by not going outside in the cold to take pictures of front yard.

We have two types of cauliflower here.  The type in back has really taken off.  The ones in front are moving along slowly.  I think a crow has munched on some of them.  Upcoming family project: build a scarecrow or take up shooting. 
The tall things are garlic and onions.  They looks really happy here.  The celery -- not so much.
The beets mock me by not even sprouting.
Kale, carrots and radishes
One of the raised beds visible from the street.  
Another raised bed visible from street.
Lettuce -- still looking kinda weak.  Carrots and violas.  I figured out that the neighborhood cats must have eaten my backyard violas because they were planted close to the ground, while the ones in the elevated raised beds out front are fine.
Spinach.
Peas in succession planting.
Swiss chard.  I think crows are eating these because there are a lot less sprouts than there were before.
More peas and cilantro.
Broccoli, carrots, lettuce.
Monster parsley plant!

Cabbage and peas.  Man, it was harder than I anticipated to get the peas to climb the trellis.


New addition to the farm: some mint.  Because mama needs a mojito.

Today we have our second installment of garden instruction.  Looking forward to learning more and figuring out which plants I should give up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment