Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Giant Pile of Worm Poop

Worms are really hearty creatures.  I have to admit that I sort of neglected them in the last few months.  I watered and fed them with kitchen scraps maybe once every couple of weeks.  When we had the cold spell, I forgot to cover them the first few nights.  And during the garage renovation I temporarily lost the pile of newspaper clippings which I had been using to cover the scraps (which they use as bedding), so I gave them cardboard as bedding -- which they apparently did not care for.  (I can tell because they didn't break it down at all.)
I'm telling you, if there was a CPS for worms, someone would have called them on me.  But notwithstanding my neglect, they seem to be doing relatively well.  We flipped over the contents of the Worm Inn onto a tarp and I began the lengthy and tedious task of separating castings from worms and other grody partially decomposed stuff.  Fed the castings to all the veggies around the garden and then re-assembled the Worm Inn -- which I promise to be more mindful of.



No comments:

Post a Comment