Friday, December 27, 2013

More than Rad-ish!

Even though we're coming up on new years this week, the garden is still churning out some lovely treats.  Here's lettuce, a few kinds of kale and two radishes -- one the size of a tennis ball.  The big one was so spectacular.  It was tender and not too spicy or bitter.  I enjoyed it with a little sprinkling of truffled salt!

Max had 3 helpings of it, though Ginger wasn't a fan.  This is about the last of our radish crop. As you can see from the previous pictures we had some sort of variety pack -- so I don't even know what type of radish seed yielded this behemoth.  

The kale got juiced along with oranges, apples, persian cukes, ginger and celery.

Then there's some crunchy bib lettuce that I will eat with some turkey leftovers.

Even though we have this great harvest, I am greedy and can't wait for spring.  I even have a two plants under grow lights -- bright lights swiss chard and arugula!


No comments:

Post a Comment