Sunday, December 8, 2013

The hunt for a tree

The year I was pregnant with Ginger we started a fun little tradition of going to the Santa Cruz Mountains and cutting down our own tree.  Sure, part of it seems silly as there is a christmas tree lot down the street from our house.  But I don't care.  It's fun to get up there, arbitrarily pick a tree that looks "perfect," support a local sustainable business, and catch up with my father-in-law, who always come to help.

This year we are in the middle of a freeze.  Not the fun kind with snow, but it is in the 30s.  This brings into focus the fact that my kids are not well acclimated to cold weather.  I packed mittens and Max cried: "But mama, now I can't point at anything!!!"  Who knew pointing was that important to kids?






So we brought a tree home, decorated it with love, and then heard it crash at 2 a.m. when it tipped over.   Yay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment