Saturday, October 19, 2013

Can do!

One blog that has always inspired me is Food in Jars.  Her cooking/preserving/photography skills put me to shame.   I've always aspired to have that moment where you open up a pantry or cabinet and see stacks and stacks of jars full of homemade goodness.
Jars, jars, my glorious jars!
I feel one step closer to that today.   We have re-done the garage (drywall, paint, cabinets, floors) and today we've been putting our stuff on the cabinet shelves.  I didn't realize how many jars we had tucked away in various corners, but now that they are all on one shelf, it looks promising!  I can almost see these filling up with jams, relishes, pickles, dried herbs, and what have you!  Hopefully as my journey progresses I can share some of those exciting photos.  (And yes, I realize that few others will find that "exciting" but cut me some slack here.)

And just for fun, we made pumpkin pancakes this morning from some
of our pumpkin meat.  The kids ate several servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment