Monday, October 28, 2013

Small Blogging World and Whirled Peas!


We made our first trip to Costco in a long time.  We had been eating down our food supplies while our garage/pantry area was getting remodeled.  And now, fresh with a second spacious fridge and lots of cabinet space, we boldly ventured into the world of bulk!

One of the things I picked up was a bag of sugar snap peas.  These always seem smaller at the store (perhaps because they don't look so big standing next to a 3 lb vat of hummus).  But once I got them home, I worried that we didn't have a good plan for using them all up in a reasonable time.  Then I remembered an amazing sugar snap pea soup that I had had at the restaurant that catered our wedding -- Le Papillon.

I did a quick Google search for sugar snap pea soups and settled on one with a gorgeous picture and on-hand ingredients.   It wasn't until I sat down to write this post and looked up the link to give credit where it's due that I realized --- hey, this blog looks familiar!  It belongs to an old friend from Jr. High who writes a great blog called Year in Food!  I should have known this was Kim's work!  I have had the pleasure of cooking a few recipes from her upcoming book and I can't wait to see all her great work in glossy print.

I stuck fairly close to the recipe but I added sautéed ham and green onions (one of the last in the yard) as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment